Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Shidokan Atlanta Throws For Karate

In this video clip, I am going to share some tips on throws and takedowns for full contact Karate (of course these can be used in any art or sport that allows grappling). I find techniques that allow to face your opponent work best and Ashi Waza (foot techniques) are best. Sweeps, trips, etc. allow you to attack and you don't find yourself in a bad position if you miss. You will see me throw with an Uchimata (inner loin reap) in the video. The grip I use is around the head (like a head lock throw). Because of this grip, the opponent can hold your waist and use the momentum of landing to roll you over. So be careful if you use this grip. I would recommend a whizzer or under hook as this will allow you better control.

Shidokan Atlanta Throws For Karate

No comments:

Post a Comment