Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Martial Arts For Fitness

The fitness business is big these days with all kinds of workouts to do. There is yoga, spin, cross-fit, rock climbing, etc. People will mix up there workouts where one day they do cardio, the next strength, the next flexibility and so on. For me, my primary way of staying in shape is through martial arts training. I train in several styles of martial arts that have different fitness requirements and develop different attributes. The aspects of power, endurance, flexibility, coordination, reaction, and many more more are met through these different martial arts. For example, with Judo I have to be explosive and have the constant resistance of another body along with isometric strength development in grappling. With kickboxing and boxing, I get an all around body workout developing explosive power, reaction, eye/hand coordination, and a lot of cardio. Through karate and taekwondo, I am working on flexibility, fluidity, focus, and precision. From time to time, I will squeeze in some Kendo and Kobudo (weapons) training which help with focus, grip strength, timing and distancing. I spar, grapple, skip rope, etc. So, through the martial arts, I am able to train myself mentally, physically and spiritually in what I consider the best way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment