Monday, February 14, 2011

Mr. International

In 2000, I fought in my first Shidokan tournament. All of the fighters there dressed in sweats and jeans. But, there was one guy dressed in a suit and hat. On the day of the fights, he wore a Karate uniform with himself drawn on it. After the fights, he was again dressed in another suit. I asked him why he dressed up and he told me that fans won't remember fighters names, especially those dressed like the typical athlete, but everybody will remember him, even though though they might not remember his name. The will always remember his flare. Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you to Shonie "Mr. International" Carter. He is a multiple time champion, who has fought all over the globe and always puts on a show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QFwR96xSQ

No comments:

Post a Comment