Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why I do Shidokan Karate

I have been a martial artist since age 8. I've studied Tang Soo Do, Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, Boxing, Judo, Muay Thai and Kendo. I've worked out with almost every type of combat athlete from the arts mentioned and from boxing, BJJ, wrestling, and many others. In looking at the changes or evolution of martial arts in America, one will see the traditional era, the full contact era, and the MMA era. The reason I choose to embrace the art of Shidokan Karate is because of the Triahlon Concept (Karate, Kickboxing, and Grappling). These concepts make one keep an open mind to everything that is practical. I enjoy elements of the traditional martial arts and I enjoy the practical application of martial arts that can be seen through combat sports. Shidokan embraces both of these and that's why I've dedicated my career to it. It allows be to be a student of all martial arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment