Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Good Old Hard Work

As an old dawg in the arts, I've been able to see a lot of fighters train. Now a days, people assume that they have better information on nutrition, training methods, equipment, etc. People are more knowledgeabe in a lot of these areas. But, as I always say, nothing beats gold old fashion, hard work. When I was coming up in the sport of kickboxing, there weren't a lot of gyms. So, I had the opportunity to be surrounded by a lot of aspiring fighters. Most of them worked out hard. No one had to stand over them and make sure they did their rounds of bag, pads, sparring, etc. The coaches could simply give a suggestion and tweak things here and there. Now a days, there are a lot of gyms, but I don't see the same quality of training. The facilities are prettier and the equipment is newer, but the same old hard work ethic is smaller. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist. I'm just saying it's less. Train hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment