Monday, September 2, 2013

Where are the fighters?

These days there are a lot of people going to various martial arts clubs. With MMA being popular, guys are going to MMA and BJJ gyms to be Ultimate fighters. In the traditional martial arts schools, I see a lot of adults in martial arts programs. The funny thing is that when tournaments come up, these same young, able bodied adults shy away from COMPETITION. I'm not saying that one has to compete, but the guys who talk the most and take sparring in the gym to competive levels are usually the guys that don't go to tournaments. I've hosted Karate, Judo, Boxing, Kickboxing and MMA events, and I will tell you that in most cases (about 15 events), I always have a few that will compete. I always have a group that talks the talk all they up to about a week before the event. Then they will stay out for a week after the event. Once again, if you are not going to compete then never act like you intend to from the start. It's not just my gym. It happens in every martial arts style. Get out their and fight. Don't be scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment