Monday, March 3, 2014

My Personal Kicking Style

People are always asking what is the superior kicking style. Years ago, I was having a debate with a Muay Thai stylst about Thai style kicks versus other kickboxing style kicks (i.e. American Kickboxing kicks which come out of Karate and Tae Kwon Do). I told him that the Knockout doesn't care what kind of kick it is as long as it rattles the brain. You can slap someone hard enough to knock them out or you can use a sledge hammer. Starting out as a Korean based stylist (Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwon Do), I had the opportunity to train with guys who specialized in kicking. Through kickboxing I was able to train with Thai kickboxers and learn different ways to deliver powerful kicks. I kicking with a snapping style based on speed. It is a relaxed method where I used momentum of body (not muscle) to generate power. This way I can kick over and over even when tired. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP3fnwVSKJU

No comments:

Post a Comment