Friday, March 7, 2014

Why I Practice Traditional Karate and Combat Sports

There are different schools of thoughts when it comes to fighting. The traditional view and the practical view. The combat sportman will feel that traditional training (kihon, kata, etc.) is useless. The traditional practioneer might feel that the sports fighter has a big ego and lacks discipline. I still put on a Gi (Karate and Judo), I bow, count and call commands in Japanese, etc. I still get in the horse stance and cat stance and practice the basics. I practice forms (empty hand and weapons). I still wear Muay Thai shorts, and sometimes boxing boots. I simple enjoy that practice of all these things and I always have. Guys of narrow views have questioned me whether my traditional techniques work. I always prove it. Traditional guys might ask the same. I always prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment