Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fighting Hurt

I fought in full contact striking competition (Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, Judo, Kickboxing, Muay Thai and Shidokan) for 20 years (1985-2004). I got back in Judo competition last year and I am staying active with this sport. During my competition career I've had injuries. I've stitches, fractured elbows, fingers, and 2 torn ACLs. Despite these injuries, I've been able to keep truckin'. Because of knee issues, I've hand to modify training and change up on the way I execute some of my techniques. You will be amazed what you can do while hurt. I've finished tournaments serious injuries. I fought 2 time World Kickboxing Champion, Robert Harris when I tore my left ACL (in round 2) and finished the fight. I tore my Right ACL in the 2002 Shidokan World Open against World Muay Thai Champion Matee Jedeepitak (2nd of 3 fights). In both situations I finished matches and tournament. So, I want you to know that you can push past this little thing called pain. There is no pain, fatigue, or fear to stand in the way of attaining your goals as a fighters. Never surrender, never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment