Friday, June 21, 2013

Jack of All Trades and Master of Them Too

Many say you can't be good at everything in martial arts. Some guys are punchers, grapplers, kickers, etc. Some folks start out in something and over time their body adjusts to just doing that. Well, I want to be different and be good at all of them. I have beent training in the martial arts since age 8 and I'm just shy of 47. I've studied and competed in several disciplines. I've been able to win titles in the traditional martial arts (Tae Kwon Do and Judo) and I've competed as an amateur and professional (Boxing and Kickboxing) and I've done soem MMA (Shidokan Triathlon where fighters fight under 3 rule sets (Knockdown Karate, Thai Boxing, and Grappling). I've been able. People often ask what do you like most? I always say I like them all because I still train techniques I've learned since day one. As I get older I learn new things while better understanding the things I already know. My goal is to be an expert at all of them. Sure I do some things better than others, but I'm gonna pursue perfection in all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment