Thursday, July 18, 2013

Remember The Past, Don't Live In It

As many of you may know, I am a master's athlete in Judo (I compete in the M4 category, age 45-49). By training in Judo, I get my grappling training and a great workout. It is challenging for me in that having been a successful kickboxer, I am not as talented in Judo. I get tossed by guys who are much younger. But, leave my ego off the mat and have fun. You won't see me as the instructor who brags about yester year and does nothing today. Over the past few years, I've run a could of Spartan Runs, I've competed in national and international judo tournaments (winning a national championship as a master's athlete), and I've won a few state championships in the young guy's division. I remember the past, but I'm not stuck on it, because there is still much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment