Sunday, June 19, 2011

Old Man Having Fun

Being a combat athlete for many years, I was able to compete at high level for Kickboxing, Muay Thai and Shidokan (The Triathlon: karate, kickboxing, grappling). In the disciplines mentioned, I was able to spend several years training and competing in each. I've been studying judo for several years, but wasn't able to devote time to competition until this year. Prior to this time, the last judo tournament I competed in was in 2002. Yesterday, I competed in the Georgia Games State Championships in Judo. I competed in the Seniors division (young guys) as opposed to my age group for Masters (40-45). I was able to take first place for gold. It was a place and great experience. For the past year, I've been training with 2x Olympian, Leo White at his Wakamusha Judo Club. I would like to give a special thanks to Josh White (one of the top players in the U.S.) for helping me improve my judo. The Old Man (me) is having fun. So, challenge yourself to get out there and take on a new challenge in life. Train hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment