Monday, June 6, 2011

Scared to lose?

When I was coming up in the martial arts as a competitor, I would take every chance I could to compete. I trained everyday, so, if asked to fight on a week or 2 day notice, I did it. Today, a lot of young fighters aren't so quick to do that. I see amateurs turning down fights because there opponent has a couple of more fights than them. I've promoted events where a fighter looking to make her debut wouldn't take a fight against a girl who only had one fight. Professional fighters avoid ranked fighters because they don't feel they are ready. My fourth professional kickboxing match was against a 2x World Champion. My 4th boxing match was against an Olympic Bronze Medalist who had over 200 amateur fights (to my 3). I say fight the best opposition and test yourself to see if you have what it takes (assuming your goal is to be champion).

No comments:

Post a Comment